Monday, March 16, 2015

Disaster Strikes!

Luckily, I was awake, and watching a movie. I started to hear a weird noise, so I got up and listened. It sounded like it was coming from under my kitchen.

Curious, I went outside, and I watched as water was POURING out of my RV in several places. I quickly check the hot water heater and it's not coming from the drainage hole there. The water feels cool, so might not be the heater. I quickly turn off the city water, and go back to the RV, there's water pouring out of my passenger door as well!

I open my door, and where I was sitting not a minute before is flooded with water! What is going on?!?!?!

Now, I'm cleaning up water, rather than enjoying my night. It's too dark to look around, and I really don't want to be pulling my RV apart at 11pm. So, I am without water until I figure this out.

I turned on the water pump to see if the sound came back, and it quickly did, so I've burst a pipe somewhere.

This sucks. I don't have the finances to replace this damage right now.

2 comments:

  1. ACK!!! House or MoHo, it's always something! Hopefully, it's a cheap fix and in the meantime you can water haul (carry water in in jugs)

    I've always only turned the water pump on when it was necessary; turning it off when I was done. Like most things in a moho they're not built for full time use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pump was off! It's the city line so auto pressure. I have one of those regulators on it as well. It turned out to be a previous "repair" job finally giving out. There's a new post about it.

    ReplyDelete