Sunday, March 6, 2016

Kitchen Countertop

Last year, we bought new countertops for the RV to get rid of the crusty and broken ones we currently have. Due to a delay in the stock for the specific design we wanted, I wasn't able to install the countertops before leaving for BC.

This was a blessing in disguise as well as I had a chance to use the RV and see what I wanted to change.

Today, after a lot of sweat, elbow grease, several choice words, and some fancy wiggling, I got the old counter out, and laid the new one on top for a fitting. The new counter has a lip underneath that the original did not, and it prevents the island for setting down correctly. So I'm going to need to get a router and shave 1/8" off each side to drop it into place. (Sorry for the fuzzy photo's. Taken with an older iPad)




After getting the counter down and secured, then I can finally cut the hole for the sink, and the stove.

The new counter looks great already though! I just need to get the tools to shave the inside lip underneath.


No comments:

Post a Comment