Monday, September 20, 2010

Seasonal Affective Disorder

It's been raining for over a week now, and I haen't seen the sun. My SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is actually affecting me earlier than normal as well. Usually, I get affected by the disorder starting in about January, and the worst in February where I get to the point of not getting out of bed, missing work, and using up all my sick days. Over this past weekend, getting out of bed before noon was a struggle, and that doesn't normally happen for a couple more months... I suppose all the stresses of this past year have pushed my depression into overdrive...

I'm currently staying in a friends place as I can't seem to get the furnace running on the van, and may not be able to. The weather is getting very cold and it hasn't reached above 8C in a week. We're actually expecting some snow tonight according to the Weather Network.

I wonder about others living in their vans, and motorhomes, and how many have SAD, and what they do to combat it?

No comments:

Post a Comment