Monday, February 8, 2016

Small Update

It's been quite some time since I posted an update. To followers of my blog, you know that this can be quite normal as I go from fulltiming to a stickbuilt and back.

Anyways...

Today is a lovely day here on Vancouver Island. The sun is shining, and the weather is warm enough to be outside without a jacket. So, I decided that I really should get some work done on the RV while I can.

The simplest thing I could do was install the new table that I had bought from my wife's company she worked at until last May.

It has a lip on it, which threw me off for a moment, but I broke down a board from a pallet I have, and it fit perfectly. This allowed me to attached the hardware that connects to the wall, and get this beauty installed!

The finished product!






It turns out hat it's about a half inch longer than the original table, so I have some work to do on the seats to make sure it fits when laid down as a bed, and still look nice.

Now that this is done, I'm pretty excited to start looking for the new hardware for the kitchen sink and tap. Once I find those, I can finally start replacing the kitchen counter as well.

Then after that is the bathroom counter with new hardware and then updating the vanity mirror, and the walls.

It's a slow process, but it'll come together soon enough. When most of your money goes into a stickbuilt, it's hard to do this with any sort of speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment