Monday, April 20, 2015

Just a rant, feel free to skip over this post

I'm just ranting in this post. This blog is about my life, and times in an RV, and everything that comes with it. Sometimes, I need to vent.

This past couple weeks have been incredibly stressful for me. I have the typical stress of work, compounded by an issue with a client that has taken over a week to get results, and I've been spending nearly 12 hours a day trying to resolve for the past week, coupled with trying to find a home for my family.

My wife wants to know about where we're going to be living asap as she's stressed out with the uncertainty we're currently facing. This is understandable for numerous reasons. I'm trying to find something on the mainland to appease my company, and my wife is still looking on the Island. I have to figure out how to approach my company for either a raise so I can afford to live on the mainland, or somehow make them understand that I need to live on the island where it's cheaper.

Seriously, I work 95% of the time remotely. For the first 6 months of my employment, I handled my clients in BC from Calgary. It's not going to magically change to me being in client offices daily now that I am here. In fact, it hasn't.

I am in the process of getting a line of credit to put all of our debt under one monthly payment, which at most (from talking to the bank) will be around $600/mth if I spend it all, over the $2000 we're paying now to try and cover everything, and falling terribly behind. I need to coordinate with people in order to get that done as well.

I have so much stress right now that I can't even process it all, and I just don't know what to do to regulate it all. I have never understood why people think that everything happens within a couple minutes or a day or two just because they want it to. It does not work that way, and expecting me to wave some sort of magic wand and everything falls into place "or else" is a terrible thing to put onto a person.

I'm not a money person. I am a work, and get paid, and let the money go where it needs to without me thinking about it person. I like to work, and not think about money. I can, on my own, just live. I don't like to shop, I really don't care for new things. My money can be spent just handling what needs to be done. Debts added up more due to the recession in 2009, and then a layoff last year didn't help.

Gah.

Okay, end rant. If you actually read this, I apologize. I just needed to vent.

2 comments:

  1. The world loves drama so ranting post is totally acceptable!

    Everything will come together. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing your best. It's obvious you're doing all you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an idea to alleviate short-term stress of where your family is to live when the house closes: can you all fit into the RV "comfortably" for a few months while finding your "dream" 3bdrm longer-term residence? Maybe the family will come to love the Full Time RVing lifestyle so much ;) that at least one stress would be no more! HTH.

    ReplyDelete