Monday, March 9, 2015

Campground Review - Coquihalla Campground in Hope, BC

As I stay in campgrounds, I'm planning on writing reviews based on my personal experiences. It's difficult to tell if my experiences will be the same as yours, so just take what I write with a grain of salt.

On my journey west from Calgary to Vancouver, I made the extra time to stay in Hope, BC. I have driven through there dozens of times, and have never been able to stay longer than getting gas and maybe a bite to eat. From the first time I drove into Hope, I fell in love with it. The mountains are huge, and the little town of under 6,000 just seems at peace.

So, I did some research. I wanted to camp somewhere close to town. As I am only in my RV, I don't want to drive it everywhere. It is a pig on fuel after all. I wanted nice scenery, and full hookups, all at a decent price.

Enter Coquihalla Campground:


It was everything I could have asked for, and more. It cost me $38 for the night which is pretty good for full hookup, and as it is the winter season, I completed the self-registration and picked a spot. Just up a small hill to the right of the registration office was lot #6. Surrounded by trees, and a good sized lot, I had found my home for the night! I pulled in, and hooked up. Everything was fantastic!

One thing I would recommend however, is getting in touch with the campground prior to your visit if you want Internet. You can purchase coupons for the TengoInternet, and it's super cheap. I didn't do that and needed to tether into my phone data plan to Skype with my wife. Not at all the camps fault, that was mine for not planning ahead!


After I was hooked up, and chatted with my wife and daughter for a bit, I headed into town. Let me remind you, I walked. It wasn't much of a walk either, this is how close this campground is, even though it looks and feels like it is so far away from town. I wandered through the main area off the main roads, onto their downtown area. Lots of shops, loads of cool chainsaw carvings, restaurants, and everything else you can imagine. This little town is only a hour and a half from Vancouver, yet feels like it's a million miles away from all the hustle and bustle.

This is certainly my kind of place. Yes, I work in IT, but I'd rather just live and enjoy life.

If you are ever in Hope, BC. I strongly recommend camping at Coquihalla Campgrounds. I chatted over email with Cathy, and she is a delight to converse with. It's too bad I didn't get to meet her this time around. However, any time that I get the opportunity to stay in Hope again, I'll always be back there! You should too!


No comments:

Post a Comment